Saturday, December 18, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Was chilling out after leisurely breakfast in my jammies when brother, Don, called. Mom was 'sort of' non-responsive and they had called 911. I've never jumped into my clothes so fast... was there in record time.
Saw emergency vehicle still there... slide show of August 29, 2005 flashed through my head... was in the house in record time too!
Sitting in the kitchen... Don, Maxine, and MOM! Three guys standing around getting their job completed (paper work, etc.) How do you spell relief???? Mom woke up this a.m. with blood sugar around 27(?)... her eyes glazey and not moving... sort of dazed! She refused going to hospital... had to sign a waiver saying so... What can you do? She's 94 and still capable of making her own decisions. Anyway, it's really tough on Don & Max.
My bid on the condo is in... should hear by Friday at latest. Need to sell my house. It's been listed since last Friday. Pray... pray..... pray! Stuff happens. Life is good.
...AND..... had a great scrapbooking getaway this weekend! Good fun; good people; and most of all... good accomplishments! 2005 - all done!
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Wild life love my place! In the past year this little acre has harbored birds small and large, groundhogs, chipmunks, a few deer (including a mom and fawn together), many skunks early in the year, bunny rabbits and even a few feral cats. Remember the kittens under the back deck?
Last year was a really positive transition for me... a year of learning and adjustment... and NO, i did NOT 'grow up' yet! I don't really want to and you can't make me!
The year 2009 included:
- A new baby - great grandson Logan James, son of James & Amanda, grandson of Pam & Mike. He arrived June 16, 2009 and is perfect in every way.
- I liberated myself a bit from the cable company by getting rid of my landline telephone. My home phone for over 50 years now goes wherever i go. I use MagicJack but only because it's really really cheap and i can use it for those hopelessly long waits with service calls.
- More liberation when i purchased my own TiVo box at a really really good bargain, got rid of the cable company's box and receiving only Basic Plus television service which more than meets my needs. The TiVo works with my computers and wireless system, making it very flexible! I haven't even used all it's features yet because i don't really need them yet... maybe later.
- Learned Charter now has a cheaper high speed internet service - hi-speed lite!!! It works for me!
- Linda and i visited the girls in San Diego. Loved it! If i didn't like my current home so much i would choose San Diego as home.
- Learned i don't need a human roommate... at least for now. Moving my sister in with me didn't work out. It seems we have very little in common. Before she moved out i was feeling used and abused (mentally, not physically... but it hurts just as much.)
- Visits with my mom enhance life. About every two weeks we go grocery shopping and either lunch or dinner afterward. Her hair stylist for over 30 years is great! She now cuts my hair regularly.
- Frank has become a beautiful idealized memory. He sometimes watches over me in my dreams... and awakening reminds me that i can remember those good times but must live now.
- I joined an online People Meeting service... not once but twice (two different ones). What a farce! I'm convinced they have fulltime employees acting as shills to make us think they are for real.
- My house continues to grow into my dream home. It is a warm, comfortable environment for me and my remaining feline roommates, EllieMae, AmyLouMae, and Miss Kitty.
Life is good. Life always moves forward. I will enjoy it to the fullest with family and friends and... if i really get lucky, maybe a special friend to share some of the travel and good times i am still young and vibrant enough to enjoy.