Tuesday, July 4, 2006

It's Independence Day...

Happy July 4!!!
This morning began with my morning wake up cuppa' coffee and an inspirational quote in my email...

"Listening is a high art of loving. Ask yourself, 'When was the last time I
really listened to my child? My parent? My brother or sister?' When someone is ready to share, three magic words amplify your connection, and they are: 'Tell me more.'"

-- Rev. Mary Manin Morrissey

...and in a similar vein - there's a new study out. Heard about it on the morning news today. Ya' know how some folks are always trying to blame their parents for every problem, personality disorder, or shortcoming? Well this study says if you're gonna blame somebody, blame your siblings!

Not really but it appears some new thinking says that siblings have more influence in the development of one's personality and general socialization than anybody else. Read this short summary of the study at cnn.com and see for yourself. At last, a study of real people - and it actually makes sense!

CNN.com - The new science of siblings - Jul 2, 2006

Thank you Emilio & Miguel for moving that heavy furniture today... and then ripping out that nasty old carpet & padding in the remodel area!!! You guys are great! Nat, thanks for letting them 'out of the kitchen' to leave your remodel job for a while in order to get me ready for the next phase of mine! ;-)

No comments: