Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday - Midweek Mumbling...

Today Martha Stewart showed her viewers how to force springtime blooms indoors. A couple of weeks ago my neighbor gave me some freshly cut branches from an apple tree! Today those branches are in full bloom. I just took this close-up of one of those apple blossoms this morning. How do you do it? Cut the branches, put them in a vase of fresh water and be patient. Of course Martha had a more complicated way to do it. What works? Anything that will blossom - apples, pears, cherries, forsythia... try just about any deciduous bush or tree branches.

This cute little tiger aka Miss Kitty, shown below helping me play Spider Solitaire is the reason I must keep those blossoms on top of one piece of furniture she still can't jump up on! She doesn't do it to be mean but the little critter is the most curious cat ever to have moved in with me! She follows me everywhere and tries to figure out how everything works. She still hasn't grown into those ears either.

Celebrity Losers: Poor pitiful blondes seem to be particularly in the national headlines lately. First it was Anna Nicole Smith birthing a baby girl and losing her firstborn immediately after. Not enough that two men claimed fatherhood of that baby... after the mom dies from what is probably a drug reaction, even more creeps come out of the woodwork claiming fatherhood! People took advantage of the poor woman when she was alive and continue even now that she's dead. News media were the worst and still won't let it go. I've resorted to watching Animal Planet and HGTV during the interim. I guess there is no real news any more!

...so BS (that would be Britney Spears Shears) decides she's not getting her share of the news and goes beserk - in & out and in & out and back in... to rehab, shaving her head during the interim! Not to mention all the others that have gone in and out of rehab (the new celebrity status symbol), I ask, who cares??? It's all a lot of B.S. but they sure do give us reason to believe the old saying... 'Money is the root of all evil.' Wouldn't it be a goofy world if we all acted out like that?
Gee I'm glad I'm me!!!

...and finally - Monday Madness!
OttO says, 'This week's questions come from 3 of our fellow MM participants. Thanks to you all for your faithful participation in my meme! =) ' These were tough but good ones!!

From sleeping mermaid:
If you could rewrite one pivotal moment in history, good or
bad, to make a change, which moment would that be AND what are some of the consequences that you believe might come from that change? I believe even if you could change a historical moment, the consequences would remain... perhaps just at a different moment. I guess I mean that whatever 'it' is, it was meant to happen.

From beth:
What's the most unusual hobby you have? How did you get started with it? sailing... may not be unusual to some but can you sail? How did I get started? I wanted to do it so we bought a sailboat and sailed it!

From shelly:
Name one thing for each of the following:
Favorite smell lemony
Favorite texture fluffy
Favorite view my backyard
Favorite sound laughter
Favorite taste savory

No comments: