Monday, February 6, 2006

still kicking...

Been a bit lazy, all three new medicines I'm taking to combat this virus that attacked me have side effects. The one that's working in all 3 pills is sleepiness! I take the anti-virus pill 5 times a day... and will do so until they are gone. Result? The 'shingles' sores never got fully developed and are disappearing. Thank God for a good doctor and modern medicine. The pain is disappearing too... nowhere near as severe as the beginning. I've been doing little more than sleeping and talking on the phone.

...but OttO has provided us with a bit of Monday Madness! so here we go.
True or False (and feel free to elaborate)

1. I consider myself to be very organized. Not really! I'm more organized in my mind than physically. It seems every time I start to 'get organized' I interrupt myself with something more fun. The husband was totally disorganized, however, and maybe I just feel this way because I'm trying to sort out all his 'stuff' and get it organized so i can give it away or sell it. I don't even know what some of it is... and sometimes the parts are not all in one place.

2. I tend to get more done when I'm pressed for time. True...deadlines are typically met at the last minute. That way I don't have time to keep making changes, etc.

3. Multi-tasking is something I do often. True - but only with the typically easy stuff. Right now I'm blogging, washing dishes, catching up on the news and trying to decide if I should stay home from a meeting tonight. I do NOT multi-task multiple things the require thought because this leaves too much room for error.

4. I might be a perfectionist. False - I like things to 'look good' but I'm too impatient to take the extra time required to create perfection. Pretty good is usually good enough for me.

5. I enjoy Mondays as much as I enjoy Fridays. True - I'm retired. Since the husband died though, I'm kind of not looking forward to weekends! Strange huh? I guess this is because he was just old-fashioned enough to enjoy weekends like he did when he had to earn a living. Without him, weekends are a bigger loss than weekdays. I'm working on changing this though, with spontaneous phone calls and such. I really don't like driving in winter but summertime will be a new and very different adventure.

6. If I didn't make a list (or hang a post-it note) I'd forget what it is I need to do. True. I may lose the note but just writing it down helps me remember stuff.

7. I have no problem asking for help when I don't understand something. True - I grew up believing there is no such thing as a dumb question.

Today - not surprisingly - I'm feeling click me to get your own moody bears from OttO!

6 comments:

cassie-b said...

Maybe it's time for a little nap. I had one of those once. They're nice.

Cas

Windy said...

Hi Mom,
I'm glad you're feeling better. I am adjusting to working 48 hours per week! This is my second week on that schedule and I'm doing much better than last week, but if I make the mistake of sitting on the couch, I usually fall asleep! I think I need to pick something up to prevent this. Cross Stitching, here I come! I haven't been very faithful about blogging, but I think I'll do better next week.
Love to you!

Nat said...

You know, we were always told that there is no such thing as a dumb question too! =)

Glad you're on the mend, Mom. Soon you'll be back 100%!!

I might think about blogging soon too. No good excuse for me; just lazy, I guess.

Love you!

bryn said...

hi sherle

thinking of you and praying too...

here's a nice site for you to visit

http://my.homewithgod.com/israel/

we have lots of sun here...

Shirl said...

sleep is such a good curative. Hope you're feeling better each day, Sherle!

TLP said...

Hope you're better!

We're getting snow tomorrow. Guess ol' Phil was right about 6 more weeks of winter. Oh, well. Personally I like, even love, snow.