Monday Madness: OttO says....
This week's questions come from our good friend, and faithful participant, gabrielle. Thanks so much for your questions, Gabrielle!! And everyone, thank you for playing and have a wonderful week! (I may be taking Christmas Day off, which is in 2 weeks, so if you don't see questions posted that day, don't panic. I will certainly be back the following week.) =)
1. What song gives you the most holiday cheer?
2. Who is the hardest person to shop for on your holiday list?
3. When do you start your holiday shopping?
4. What food or drink do you love when it's cold out? (Recipes and recommendations, please!)
5. What do you do to get rid of a cold or flu?
Do not bother reading any further if you only want to see MM answers. You will not find answers to these questions here on my site today. So maybe I'll lose friends - well maybe not real friends and maybe I'll turn some folks off because I'm just an ol' bah-humbug granni - well not really - I've always LOVED Christmas and the whole season. Anyway, this blog is sort of based on the above questions...
I'm just getting over a cold or flu-thing. I've had it for more than a week now. I first noticed it the day I returned home from San Diego... it was a Friday I think, postponed to that from Thursday because I had fallen and my San Diego family didn't want me to leave until they knew I was okay... which I wasn't but it's not their fault. Well, I was okay as far as the fall was concerned...
so in answer to question 5 - I've been taking care of myself as though I was taking care of anybody I love - staying home, keeping warm, drinking lots of liquids, especially warm ones - green tea and hot chocolate (with Splenda), and a whole package of Thera-Flu (3 cups a day spread over a two-day period - Thank you Natalie!!!). Didn't feel like eating much - so when I felt like eating I ate whatever was in my house that sounded good... I have a small chest freezer, a big freezer on my fridge and a big pantry. When Frank was alive we kept them full and I've been trying to empty them for more than a year now. Can you believe I've actually lost 10 pounds eating stuff like fish sandwich in pita bread with cheese.... and ice cream sundaes made by heating homemade applesauce from my neighbor and putting it over a nice big helping of Butter Pecan ice cream!!!! Maybe I just don't want to be well... I LIKE losing weight.
...and for the rest of the questions - Close your eyes and imagine:
- The love of your life died a year and three months ago.
- You live alone and keep abnormally busy learning to adapt.
- Your other beloved family members are busy living their own lives... and they just seem to get busier.
- You don't really enjoy shopping.
- ...and now you hardly know some of the people on your list. How can you know somebody you only see a few times a year?
- You are trying to get rid of things - so many things that have accumulated over many many years. You don't need more stuff.
- You have new windows but don't know how to install the blinds - or the curtains (Your love always did this for you.)
- You have a new light fixture for the bathroom but don't know how to install it.
- Things break and you don't know how to fix them.
- You want to remain in the home you and your love created... and are physically able to do the general, overall upkeep. You don't want things...
- You just want maybe a few hours of family time - maybe once a month, more or less (It will always become less, so ask for more.)
Okay! You are me. Now I challenge YOU to answer the first 4 questions!