Just had to share this before picture. Next month there will be an after version! Of course this isn't totally 'before' because it's after I had some solar wall replaced by the vertical siding... known as 'smartboard.' A lot of other stuff has been done... like lots of repair work here & there - all necessary and all in preparation for a totally new look.
Now for a bit of Monday Madness :
1. Are you working on any big projects around your house right now? Yes
2. If so, tell us about it; if not, do you have any plans to do so in the near future? Finishing a few remodeling projects that were started by my husband. So far I have two good-sized rooms where there was one very large room. The ceilings were falling down - a result of installation techniques that were recommended in the 1970's but proved unreliable. The room had been a living room some time ago. It will now be a bedroom and (for me) an activity room. Having new air-conditioners installed... as good as central air and better than the window conditioners that 'died' last week. Since my house is heated with hot water pipes, I have no ductwork for conventional central air.
Also in this remodel is included some work on the bathroom and having the house and garage painted on the outside. This is really a big job - a relatively big house. Next year I tackle the two downstairs rooms, and the hallway to it, as well as a small storage room - all in the newer part of the house. Hey! What can I say? I'm on a roll.
3. How do you generally pay for merchandise at your local store? Debit, credit, check, or cash? I use credit card because I don't like to carry cash. You always have to worry about if you have enough... I pay the card off every month and accumulate a bonus refund as my reward. It's sort of like getting a discount on everything I buy!
4. Which month of the year seems to go by the fastest? Lately they all go too fast!
5. Which day of the week seems to go by the fastest? I think if I was still a 'working lady' I'd have to say Sunday but since I'm retired, basically, all of them go faster than I want. I never seem to have time for everything I want to do.
6. Have you taken up any new hobbies lately? No but I plan to reactivate some of my old ones - especially scrapbooking and oil painting.
Today Otto & her hubby visited me for another work day! Our friend who has been prepping the house for painting - just finished cleaning the deck today - told me some of the shrubs should be trimmed back so they can get to the house for painting.
Well these big ol' junipers just grow faster every time we trim them back so I decided we should just cut them down. I have a whole 'nuther grouping of them at one edge of the property line so it's not like I'm getting rid of all! I LIKE the new look! It gives me a whole pallette for new landscaping after the painting is done. It just keeps getting better and better. ;-)