Thanks for helping me make my decision about colors for my house! Keeping busy... keeping cool! I don't ever remember temperatures in the high 90's in mid-Michigan in past years! No this isn't my house... but don't I wish???? It's a bit too hot to paint it right now but at least I know what's gonna be done. I'll share photos when it's done though!!! I promise. ;-)
These are the colors I decided on... Inverness (the darker green for my main color where it's currently a dark red) and Leapfrog (for the vertical panelling, currently a beige primer in front and worn out stain in back). This secondary color is really a second main color because the back of my house is entirely vertical panel on the upper part... and currently stained an 'up north' sort of natural brown. I'm convinced it will look equally 'up northy' painted the lighter green color. Since I have a deck across the entire back of my house, this is an important thing to me. I live in farm country - rapidly growing into residential - but still have a farmer's field beyond the back yard instead of neighbors.
I know! I led everybody astray with the Fired Brick for a main color... but Otto reminded me that I'm repainting the whole house and can go with any color I want! Duh!!! I really like the greens so why didn't I think of that?
Just a note: Our friend (and my daughter) Sharba is getting serious about photography! Visit her photo place at Sharba's Pix. I also want to remind you to share your favorite five photos for the month at my newest photo meme: Favorite 5 Photos. You can still share your favorites for July but today I'm planning to update so you can share your favorite August pix as well!!!
Now for a bit of Monday Madness: Thank you, OttO!!! I wish you'd hurry up and get your house done so you will have more time for blogging on your regular blog too.
1. Do you have a photo blog? If so, feel free to share the link with us! Yes, my photo blog is called: Sherle's Photos.
2. How many pets do you own, and what are their names? If none, have you had a favorite pet in the past? I have five cats & five fish - at least I think there's five! The tank needs cleaning really bad. ;-) My fish don't have names - I just call them fishy, fishy! The cats, in order of age are : Bubba, Daisy Mae, Goober, Ellie May, and the baby is: Amy Lou Mae (also known as Amy Lou Mae Joe Bob!!! cuz that's what Natalie (Otto) calls her.
3. How many times a week does the carpet in your house get vacuumed? No carpet? How many times a MONTH do your floors get mopped? carpet - once a week on a good week. Mopped floors? - once a month in a good month. FYI, when my first child was born, I mopped the floors every day. She never even got her knees dirty! The second child - mopped once a week. Ended up with six kids - you do the math! ;-)
4. Which room in your house do you spend the most time in? living room/dining room - it all sort of merges into one. When my remodel is finished I'll probably spend a lot of time in my new activity room!
5. Have you read any good books lately? yes... then I passed it on to Otto! James Patterson - First to Die. Right now I'm reading 'Black Cat' by V.C. Andrews... passed on to me from... tah dah!... Otto!
6. What is your biggest source of news? (Newspaper? Television? Radio? Other?) TV - Fox News - what can I say? Old habits die hard.