Monday, September 25, 2006
Something else I don't know...
Tell me... is this creature a cormorant? My sister Gerry and I saw it when we were in Ludington last week. At first we thought it might be a heron but then I remembered reading that cormorants are sort of a dark bird, shaped similarly to a heron... and somehow this bird wasn't quite as pretty as the blue heron I've seen in past years.
I've read cormorants have a voracious appetite and are a threat to more desirable water fowl and to fish. Nice picture though, isn't it? It was taken along the Lincoln River in Ludington State Park.
Monday Madness- questions from fellow participants!
1. From jstar: Holiday in Europe or Asia? I think Europe - because of my roots. It would be interesting to visit Wales & France - the two places I know are in my family history.
2. From sherle: How do you try to change a behavior pattern you don't like about yourself... whether it's chewing fingernails, overeating, smoking, or picking your nose? When I started smoking, I quit chewing my fingernails. I used the patch to quit smoking and it worked! I've tried pills to quite overeating, which got worse after I quit smoking... and it only works for a short while. Counting calories helps the most if I stick to it, which, unfortunately I don't. Thank goodness, I don't pick my nose.
3. From tricia: Have you ever successfully completed a Sudoku puzzle? No - actually I get all tense and feel incompetent just looking at one!
4. From caylynn: What website do you visit the most often? Hmmm! ...probably my own, but I also read the Midland Daily News every day online... I use dictionary.com often and oh yes, Google! I probably use Google the most - for what I want to know - every day!
5. From michael morgan: What was your favorite thing about high school or college? Graduation!